Sunday, September 23, 2018

Day One ...

Once Upon A Time...

In The Beginning...

Not Long Ago In A Land Pretty Close...

The corporate types would probably label this their Mission Statement.

I guess that the most proper term of introduction would be...

INTRODUCTION

Hi! Welcome to my blog. Way back in 2012 (?), I read a Yahoo article about a guy from LA that scrapped his materialistic lifestyle "...To Simplify". Intrigued, I began reading Glenn Morrissette's blog starting from the beginning. Selling all of his (unnecessary) stuff...giving up his apartment...relocating with his beloved cat into a camper van and touring the country.

I was hooked. I spent the next two weeks binge-ing on his progress and experiences in transforming to the boondocking lifestyle. I faithfully followed him. I looked forward to reading of his latest trials and triumphs. I learned a lot from Glenn's blog. The philosophy, the logic, the goal of being self-sufficient, the cool stuff and the cool people.

Maybe later, I will go into the my history leading up to today, but right now my mission is to share what we are going through converting to a nomadic life.

At this time, I should introduce the cast of characters that you will be reading about.

My name is Jeff. Born in '57 in Cleveland (Ohio...There's more than one). More about me later.

Anna...My skeptical yet supportive wife. We have been together since 1986. In theory, she has always been interested in my idea for transforming our lives from the usual to the adventurous. Early on, she re-invigorated my interest in traveling and camping. But she is very cautious about jumping into the deep end without carefully assessing the depth of the water. Her health has deteriorated over the last few years. She deserves to see the best that this country has to offer. To her I dedicate this blog and my eternal love.

Opal...The world's best toy poodle. As a young puppy, she found her furever home with us just before Christmas in 2012. She may be daddy's girl, but she is momma's strength and support. She loves being outside playing ball and barking at squirrels (I've got a squirrel crush...).

Ted...The cat. The really BIG cat. He's getting old and may or may not go on the road with us. I will not give him up without a fight.

So, how did this crazy pipe-dream become a reality?

Read on, my friend. Read on...




1 comment:

  1. Feel free to leave any comments, then click "Newer Post" below.

    Thanks,
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete