Friday, January 10, 2020

Ohio Motor Home Title

"Let me get this right. You bought an old school bus? Old school bus, seats and all? You tore everything out and turned it into a camper? And you want to get this thing titled as a motor home...an RV? You know you gotta have a way to cook and keep stuff cold? You got a place to eat? A place to sleep? Do you think that this is gonna be easy? I need to get a supervisor, and they are in a meeting with some political big-wig trying to get elected next year. Why don't you just have a seat til someone calls you."

Based upon stuff I've read on the most trustworthy of internet sites, I expected to run into walls made of impenetrable materials that Trump only wished that he had.

It was a freakin' piece of cake.

I knew a guy from the local AMVETS Post that was a Notary Public. I said that I would pick him up, show him the bus and show him the list of required amenities that would qualify our humble bus as a motor home. He said no problem.

I had an issue as to exactly how the form should be completed, so I stopped by my local Title Bureau in Mentor.

Well, hello Chris! (Not his/her real name)

I asked my questions as to how the title form should be filled out. She/He asked all about the bus and I showed her/him pix on my phone. She/he talked to her/his supervisor, and in 15 minutes, I was walking out the door with a clear title for a 2000 Freightliner Motor Home.

Life's been good to me so far.....





No comments:

Post a Comment