Sunday, September 23, 2018

E-Bay

I always wanted to convert a bus into a camper. But what kind of bus.

A shuttle bus? Kind of small.

A "short bus"? Still too small.

A full sized school bus? Kind of big.

I've been looking at various buses for a few years. I even placed bids for a variety of buses in the region. I figured that if it was supposed to happen, it will.

If you have ever bid on anything on e-bay, you know that it all comes down to the last few minutes. Reserve not met. You've been outbid. Already sold. In retrospect, I'm happy that most of these deals fell through. They just didn't seem right.

Then it happened. 2000 Freightliner, Cummins/Allison. 112K miles. Good body with very little rust. Only 20 miles east of our home in Mentor. A couple of bids with reserve not met. So I bid just to see what the reserve might be. Someone will outbid me, so what's the harm?

No one else bid. I went to work terrified that I would come home to a commitment to purchase a bus I've never seen (and neglected to discuss with my wife). All I could do is let go and let God.

When I got home and logged on to e-bay, I found out that God wanted us to have this bus.


God..

Thank you.

Please grant me the Grace

To tell Anna.

Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment