Sunday, September 23, 2018

The Camper

Last fall (2017) my wife's friend said that she wanted to sell her 2002-ish Keystone Sprinter 274RLS travel trailer. It had been sitting in her driveway for about 10 years, providing a neat place for her kids' sleepovers. Anna was all for it. She wanted to plant it a a local campground and use it as a summer home. Sounded OK to me. I could tell that there was a soft spot in the floor around the slide-out. Hell, I can fix this. So this spring we handed her the cash and parked it in our driveway.


We knew that the City Of Mentor was eventually going to get on our butts to move it to a location that complied with zoning. The goal was to repair the damage and get it out of here. I immediately realized that this was going to take some time.

And the more I looked, the more damage I found...




So, I tried to repair the rotted, molded carnage...


And it only got worse.

After ripping this can apart for two months, it became apparent that we could not live in this disaster. There is no way I was going to let my family live in this decomposing dump.

So, what are we gonna do with this mess?

Strip it. Remove anything that could possibly be used. The fridge, microwave, stove/oven, heater, hot water, electrical panel, dinette, couch, chairs.





So, NOW what?



No comments:

Post a Comment