Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Keys To Being Stupid

 



I'll be the first to admit that I am not an expert in the fine art of camping, but I'm not a novice either. The other day, I made a stupid, rookie mistake, the consequences of which just kept on snowballing. 

Typically, when I make the weekly trip home to take care of biz, I'll grab a quick shower in the comfort of my own bathroom. Thanks to a talented and efficient dog groomer, I had to drop the shower from the itinerary.

Friday I grabbed the laundry and my shower stuff and drove up to the laundry/shower house. Laundry facility was basic, but did the job quite well. While the duds were in the dryer, I shed my jacket and sweatshirt in the van, grabbed the several bags that had fresh clothes, towel and my grooming goodies, and hit the shower. 

It wasn't until I was wet and naked that I realized I had left my soap and shampoo in the van. Damn. My only choices were to take a soapless shower or dry off, put on my pants and fetch the missing items. I desperately needed soap. As I went to put on pants, I came to the realization that the keys were not in my pocket. Damn. They were locked in the van in my jacket pocket. 

I had to go soapless. Eww!

Fortunately, I had a spare set of keys in the camper. On the walk back from the shower I recalled locking it up when I left. Damn. I was going to have to disturb Anna's nap and make her hobble to the front of the bus and unlock the door.

Moral---Don't lock anything unless you know exactly were the keys are.


No comments:

Post a Comment